Vehicle Rescue and Extrication: Principles and Practice
Public Safety Group
This textbook is packaged with Navigate 2 Advantage Access which unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
Vehicle Rescue and Extrication: Principles and Practice, Second Editionmeets and exceeds all the job performance requirements as outlined in Chapter 8: Vehicle Rescue from the 2017 Edition of NFPA 1006: Standard for Technical Rescue Personnel Professional Qualifications, to achieve the competencies at the awareness, operations, and technical levels.
Technical rescuers need to know how to safely and effectively operate at small and large vehicle incidents, as well as at commercial/heavy vehicle incidents. Vehicle Rescue and Extrication: Principles and Practice, Second Edition provides all the critical knowledge and skills necessary for technical rescue personnel to perform successfully in these complex environments.
The Second Edition has been thoroughly updated to meet the needs of technical rescuers who are confronted with the continual and rapid advancement in vehicle technology. Advances in alternative-fuel vehicles, propulsion technology, and other prominent developments in vehicle technology are examined to expand the rescuer’s knowledge base. Stand-alone chapters on commercial vehicles and school buses are addressed at the Technician level.
The features in this text will help responders take that extra step toward becoming outstanding vehicle rescue and extrication technical rescuers. These features include:
• Scenario-Based Learning. Technical Rescue Incident and On Scene case scenarios are found in each chapter to encourage and foster critical thinking skills.
• After-Action Review Section. End-of-chapter review includes detailed chapter summaries and key terms to reinforce important principles.
• Practical Tips for Technical Rescuers. Safety Tips and Listen Up segments are integrated into each chapter to provide helpful advice and encouragement.
• Voice of Experience. Firsthand accounts from experienced technical rescuers are presented in each chapter with details of actual incidents and experiences.
• Skill Drills. Skill Drills provide written step-by-step explanations and visuals for important skills and procedures. This clear, concise format enhances student comprehension of complex procedures. In addition, each Skill Drill identifies the corresponding NFPA 1006 job performance requirement (JPR).
• Updated photos. New and improved photos enhance learning with visuals of incidents and training simulations, as well as technological advances in tools and vehicles.
© 2020 | 442 pages