The 2021 AFG Application Period
This grant opens on November 8th, 2021, and closes on December 17th, 2021, at 5 pm Eastern Time.
EXTENDED! THE DEADLINE IS NOW JANUARY 21, 2022.
Action Training Systems training materials are eligible under the 2020 AFG program.
- AFG will fund online training materials
So, whichever fits your department training the best, Action Training Online Courses or DVDs are fundable
- AFG Micro Grants
If you have a project that requires a federal share of less than $50,000, this category of funding deserves a long and hard look.
From the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)
Micro Grants: The selection of the voluntary Micro Grant option (cumulative federal funding of $50,000) for eligible Operations and Safety activities does not impact an applicant’s request or federal participation under the Vehicle Acquisition or Regional projects. Applicants who select Micro Grants under Operations and Safety as a funding opportunity choice may still apply for a Vehicle Acquisition or Regional project.
ATS has has some great online training options that come in under the $50K threshold and line up with grant priorities
For fire departments, regional and state fire training academy training priorities are:
- Training consistent with national or state standards
- Training that brings a department into compliance with recommended NFPA or other accepted standards
ATS courses teach to current NFPA standards
- Instructor-led training that requires student testing to demonstrate academic competence or practical proficiency.
ATS courses are designed to be used as part of a program of instruction overseen by a certified instructor
- Training that benefits the highest percentage of applicable personnel, such as the hazardous materials training within a fire department or training that will be open to other eligible organizations
AFG Contact Information:
AFG Help Desk Email:
Call for a Quote!
Please call us for quotes on customized packages.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to receive a training grant for your department or organization.