We helped set the standard for firefighting training products back in 1988 and have consistently delivered high-quality programs that both volunteer and paid fire departments have come to expect.
With over 200 titles available, all based on national standards and job performance requirements, you’ll find our programs to be accurate and engaging resources for the adult learner.
Our mission has always been to create training resources that will help rescuers retain information and to help provide them with the knowledge and skills necessary for a safe response at an emergency scene.
Our training is designed to be used as an instructor resource for both in and out of the classroom.
Each course is meticulously reviewed by subject matter experts and covers a distinct set of learning objectives using high-quality full-motion visual examples.
In addition to the media we offer, we have:
- Facilitator Guides with lesson outlines, tests, handouts, and skills suggestions
- PowerPoints that are customizable for your own SOPs
- Quizzes & Quiz generator
- Chapter correlation guides that match our content to the most popular manuals
- NFPA matrixes for each title to indicate which JPR and skills were presented
- Manuals from leading publishers
- Instructor Packages that combine various products at competitive prices.
- Certificates of completion for ISO and CE requirements
Price should not be an issue when it comes to something as important as training. For this reason, we offer a variety of options to help fit your needs and budget.
- A 1 to 3-year term subscription for our online platform
- A one-time fee to purchase DVDs
- Various training packages available at a discount (includes other Instructor Resources such as PowerPoints, question files, and manuals)
Certification & Accreditation
Our programs teach to current recognized national standards and are designed to be used as a part of an overall curriculum, led by an instructor. The programs themselves cannot solely provide certification but they can be used for the certification process and for CE credit.
To meet the requirements for certification, an instructor could assign students to:
- Read a chapter from the manual being used for the course
- Watch the corresponding ATS video in class
- Assign the online interactive version of the video for self-study
- Attend an instructor-led discussion on the topic including a review department specific SOGs
- Participate in hands-on training to practice the corresponding skills
Completing a program with all of these elements can help meet the requirements for certification.
Always consult with your regulatory body for your state’s specific criteria.
CAPCE & Fire CE
Action Training Systems has Organizational Accreditation (OA) from the Commission on Accreditation for Preshospital Continuing Education (CAPCE)
This means our training meets rigorous academic standards and reflects our commitment to developing the highest quality training programs on the market!
Online Interactive Courses - Fire & EMS
ATS EMS Online Interactive Courses and some applicable fire courses are approved for one hour of continuing education for state and NREMT CE requirements.
Our Online Interactive Fire courses have also been reviewed and approved for use in certain states where Fire CE approval is required.
Whether you need a head start, or you’re wrapping up your training hours for this recertification period, call for more information!